Monday, August 3, 2009

Back to New York!!!!

Well, my 2 weeks in beautiful B.C. is over. It feels like I spent half the time in VGH or St.Paul's. Such is life. I did manage to get away for two nights up to the cabin in the Okanagan. The weather was very hot. Swimming in the creek was definitely the highlight of the trip. We cooked outside with white gas. It was way too hot to use the cast iron stove. There is also an outdoor burning ban in British Columbia and I find that wood stoves can send up a lot of embers. I'll try and get back to the cabin in late September or early October. It is much more pleasant when the weather isn't so hot and the bugs are less numerous - black flies, horse flies, mosquitoes, wasps, hornets. You name it B.C.'s got it. Have you ever had a horse fly bite right through your blue jeans and draw blood?

No comments: