Friday, August 6, 2010

Bugs, Bugs, Bugs & More Bugs

Yes the bugs are back. I woke up unexpectedly to a slight itching in the palm of my right hand, the ball of my right thumb to be exact. Not a normal location for a bite but yes there it was. As I was slowly rousing from my dream and entering wakefulness with my attention drawn to my hand, and that feeling that now I recognize so well, my eyes opening slowly, I briefly caught site of something, a speck of darkness, moving across my body at stomach level, highlighted against a white T-shirt. The bug, had moved from my hand and was looking for an escape route across my body to the other side of the bed. I immediately wrapped the bug in the folds of the T-shirt and leaned over to my right side, the side table, to grab a spray bottle of rubbing alcohol kept next to the bed, always, always a bottle of rubbing alcohol. The alcohol kills the bugs on contact - stops them dead in their tracks. One shot, two shots, it was over quick, quickly dispatched to the other world.

The unfortunate thing was that I was having a pleasant dream and there were still several hours of sleep left. The good news, if it can be called news, or really anything to look forward to at all is that they, 'THEY', the exterminators, are coming in to spray the apartment again today.

No comments: