Wednesday, January 19, 2011

YMCA Hong Kong

Cathay Pacific was nice enough to upgrade the two of us to Business Class yesterday. Arrived in Hong Kong on Wednesday afternoon after losing a half day because of the international dateline. It is actually Thursday morning here now as I write this entry.

We had a coffee in the lobby of the YMCA Hotel yesterday and then ran into a friend from Kathmandu as he exited the elevator in the hotel. He was in Hong Kong on business and the last time I saw him was in a restaurant in Kathmnadu three years ago. The world is becoming ever smaller.

Later, after a short rest, we met up with our host and went for a traditional dinner at an upscale Shanghai restaurant. Needless to say I don't think I like the food that much. I have become very picky about my Chinese diet especially when I can't recognize it out of a line-up. I also enjoy taking my food from the plate and putting it into my mouth directly rather than having to pick out all of the bones, skin, bits of shell, etc., but most importantly I want to know what it is. Is that really so much to ask?

The weather is cool here with mostly 60s during the day - somewhat cloudy. It is winter after all!

We are only here today and then leave early in the morning for Taipai. The flight leaves at 9:00. For the next few days we have all of the recommended restaurants reserved (by our host) along with the meetings lined up. Basically we will be hitting the ground in Taipai running until arriving back in the Hong Kong YMCA late on Monday night. Tuesday will be a full day in Hong Kong to finish up any last minute work before flying back to NY on Wednesday morning.

With luck I will have better images for the next entry.

Later...

--- Jeff

No comments: