Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Hanging Out In The Hong Kong Airport

Well, the 14 hour flight is over and I have a 3 hour gap here in Hong Kong before I get onto the 4 hour flight to Delhi. The Business Class Lounge is a lot bigger here than in New York. They have two bar/restaurants (free) along with showers, internet and a secret door that leads to the First Class Lounge. I have some e-mails to write but that will probably go much easier with a glass of red wine.

The picture above is of my friend Jamyang Lekdrub. He and I were monks together back in the 70s in Rajpur India. This photo is of the newly built Ngor Ewam Monastery in Tibet. In 2007 JL and I traveled to Ngor, Jonang, Bodong, Narthang, Gongkar Chode, and then spent a week at Sakya Monatery, Tibet. The reason for showing this picture is because he is picking me up at the Delhi airport at 2:00 am in the morning. Now that's a friend.

No comments: