Sunday, March 22, 2009

Dharamsala, Dalai Lama & Travels


I'm in Dharamsala with my friend Jamyang Lekdrub after spending the day in Bir looking at Temples and meeting old friends. We have a car which makes it very easy to get around. Saw the Dalai lama yesterday at a private meeting with the rest of the conference participants - if you can call that a private meeting. We had a group photo taken but I don't have a copy of that yet. I will post it here when I have it. Arrived back in Dharamsala this afternoon to visit my friends two kids that are in school here. He also has one in school in Bir and the fourth and youngest is in Musoorie because he especially wanted to learn English. I will stay in Dharamsala for two nights. I meet with Tashi Tsering, an important Tibetan historian, tomorrow morning and I then have a meeting with the Library of Tibetan Works and Archives in the afternoon. We have to leave early on Tuesday morning to go back towards Palampur to have lunch and spend time with Drugu Chogyal Rinpoche (Drugpa Kagyu, Khampa Gar) at his monastery near Tashi Jong. He is one of the last of the Tibetan Lamas that understands painting and the various traditions. We will probably spend the night in Bir and then go up to Tso Pema the next day. I no longer have Wi-fi and am at the mercy of the Indian internet cafe. The Blog may be updated but it is unlikely that I will be posting too many images.

No comments: