Thursday, April 22, 2010

Blue Sky, Bright Sun & Flowers Everywhere

It's a beautiful day with a bright blue sky and cherry blossom petals (sakura) everywhere in the yard and in the house. The five hour flight last night was uneventful although a half hour late. I didn't know any of the flight attendants and it was a pretty sleepy compliment of travelers. I was content to sleep and muse. I skipped the beverage and dinner although they did appear to have changed the three entree menu choices on this New York to Vancouver flight. The movies I also chose to skip. Likely they were the same fifty or so new releases and classics from the previous couple of weeks and my recent flight from Hong Kong to New York. I watched Avatar on the previous flight a week and a half ago. For this flight I just relaxed and dozed in the comfort of the exit row aisle seat.

Waking up this morning was a pleasure with the bright blue sky and cherry blossoms right outside my bedroom window. With luck the weather will hold through the weekend and for the trip to the cabin. Below are some quick images of the flowers growing in the garden outside my window.

I recall some years ago, after a conversation with Nicole while up at the cabin, that I photographed many of the wild edible and medicinal plants and flowers of the dry interior - an area in British Columbia known as the Okanagan. All of the photos were from the trails and meadows immediately surrounding the cabin within a four or five hour hike. I will try and locate these images again. My intention was to upload them to a website and describe their nutritional and medicinal uses and changes through the seasons.








No comments: