Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Off to the Cabin

Well, here I am again in the British Airways lounge at Terminal 7 at JFK heading back to Vancouver and my regular spring trip up to the cabin. This year will be a little different with Gio and me heading up from Vancouver and Jeff and Shelby heading down from Williams Lake. The plan is to meet at the trail head at 1:00 on Friday. We'll see how that goes. Jeff is bringing up the new stove pipe lengths and elbows and I will be bringing the ant banquet. We don't usually go up this late in April because the creek generally starts to rise anytime between the 20th and the end of the month. Full flood is usually in May and can last for several weeks. Our late start is due to the fact that I was away in China up until last week and Gio is only just back from Thailand and Japan.

Tomorrow will be a day of light shopping and buying supplies for the weekend. MEC is top of the list as is Choices Market. I have a craving for good cheese which was not sated at either the Sheraton in Chengdu or the Hyatt in Beijing, both of which had excellent cheeses in the executive lounge every afternoon.

No comments: