Thursday, April 29, 2010

Heading Back to New York

Well, the fun couldn't last forever. It was a good but quick stay in Vancouver and even briefer at the cabin. I spent time with some friends and completely missed others. The weather was very nice and it is always nice to sleep in my own bed either in Vancouver or the cabin, although the cabin was a little crowded.

Who knows, I may be back in Vancouver sooner than most think. If the apartment landlords where I stay in New York decide to redo the apartment roof in the next month or so, then I'll be back in Vancouver. I am on the top floor and it was shear hell last year when they did the building next door. I can't imagine actually living in the apartment while they take 2-3 weeks to redo the entire roof. Can you imagine the dirt and debris falling each day from the ceiling? Can you imagine the noise and irregular hours, working through the weekends? That isn't for me, better to be free and travel home to a noise free environment without dust, dirt and bricks coming loose and falling from the walls.

In New York anytime they say a job will take a week or two then it means it will actually take several months. You should hear New Yorkers talk about this stuff - it makes them crazy!

No comments: