Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Beijing: Marriott Hotel Excutive Apartments

I changed hotels from the Ziyu Hotel to the Marriott Executive Apartments where tomorrows conference will be held. The 'Executive Apartments' is a building complex of high rise towers with some designed for hotel style rented rooms and others as monthly rentals and then other buildings as upscale apartments.

At the first conference accommodations and food was all provided for by the conference hosts of which there were three: the Palace Museum, the Capital University and the China Tibetolgy Institute. At the 2nd conference, so far, the host is providing very nice accommodations. I am in a two bedroom suite with a full kitchen and living area. Breakfast is provided in the morning on the ground floor. I don't yet know about lunch and dinner. It should be mentioned that I am sharing the suite with a friend who is also participating in the conference tomorrow.

As I am writing this the sun is setting out the window next to me. There is a large orange ball, low on the horizon, disappearing behind a Beijing cityscape. After several attempts to photograph the sunset and post it here I gave up realizing that the tinting on the window is preventing any kind of clear image. I posted it anyway.

At the Marriott there is internet access to the Google Blog site which is why I am again posting here rather than the Travelblog site that I have been using for the last few days. Marriott must have their own agreement for internet connection with the Chinese Government since the hotel primarily deals with a foreign clientele rather than local Chinese citizens.

No comments: