Sunday, June 6, 2010

If It's Sunday, It Must Be Paris

I traveled on the airline known as Open Skies, apparently connected or owned by British Airways. The flight was quite comfortable although I always find that there is more turbulence flying to Europe than flying anywhere else. The day is somewhat unscheduled as yet. I need to find out when the Guimet is open and when Christie's is open. I am in a hotel just off the Champs Elysee and can walk to Christie's from here but I don't know where the Guimet is in comparison to the hotel. I will need a map and someone to circle both the hotel and the museum.

The hotel, Rochester Champs Elysee, has wifi internet throughout which is very convenient. Unfortunately the room will not be ready until 11:00. I didn't sleep at all on the plane and am afraid to take a nap as I think that will send a signal to my body and brain to completely shut down for a good eight to ten hours. As some may know, I have not been sleeping very well in the apartment of late. Friday night was also late with little sleep. I was out with a Tibetan painter and and an excellent New York tattoo artist that is a student of Pema Rinzin. I will post pictures as soon as I get some - preferably art, and good art at that.

The entire afternoon was spent at the Mussee Guimet and what a Museum it was. They had an outstanding Gandharan exhibition aside from their world class Cambodian sculpture and the permanent Tibetan and Himalayan galleries.

No comments: