Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Tuesday in Paris

Yesterday, Monday, was a day spent looking at art, meeting old friends, making plans and hanging out with regular friends, talking and laughing over a glass of good French wine - red - sitting outside, enjoying the perfect sunny weather and temperature.

In the early evening I spent some time looking at a collection of 18th century Moghul miniature paintings of architectural sights in New Delhi. They were very well drawn and very interesting, but alas not my area of study.

For dinner I went out with one of the worlds top map experts and map dealers, a local, although Dutch. He did the inviting and I did the eating. The food was excellent - the best meal in Paris so far.

Tonight, after an afternoon of looking at art, I hope to meet up with Charles R. and go out for dinner and a drink. I leave Paris at 10:30 tomorrow morning, Wednesday, and should be back in New York by 1:30 in the afternoon.

I am looking forward to the opening of the contemporary Tibetan art exhibition at the RMA on Thursday night. The after party is at Merchants - just around the corner. I have reserved the downstairs room for 8:00 p.m. and expect between 20 or 30 people to attend. The party is to celebrate Pema's first showing of contemporary art, three paintings, in a museum exhibition accompanied by a museum art publication. Many of his art students have become RMA members just so that they can attend the opening and celebrate Pema's art. It should be a good time.

No comments: